lunedì 8 luglio 2013

Gaming Room: Planning the Furniture

It has been quite a while since my last post, but I've been busy working at my house. I've obtained a room to use as my personal gaming den, so this week I'll go hunting for appropriate furniture.
I think I'll get most of what I need at Ikea. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to buy a whole bunch of mahogany furniture (cabinets, shelves, big table, secretarie) but that stuff is very expensive and hard to find second-hand. So I'm restricted to fir, pine and MDF.

E passato quasi un mese dal mio ultimo post. In questo periodo sono stato impegnato nella sistemazione di casa.
Ho ottenuto una camera da utilizzare come stanza da gioco, quindi questa settimana andrò in cerca di mobili adeguati. Andrò a prendere la maggior parte di quello che mi serve all'Ikea: mi piacerebbe arredare con mobili in mogano (vetrina, scaffale, tavolo, secretarie), ma sono mobili costosi e difficili da trovare usati. Quindi sarò ristretto ad abete, pino ed MDF per ragioni di costo.

I'll need a couple of glass display cases, so I'll buy 2 Ikea Detolf. I plan to mount them on a cubic mini-shelf, in order to rise it by 40-42 cm (it's 163 cm tall). I'll also make it dust-proof.

For books and big items I'm tempted by the Gorm shelf. It's cheap and very sturdy.

I'm still unsure about the lights: both the Kramare (top) and the Tross (down) are good...

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento